Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CDM Systems Manager
at Amgen Inc.
Amgen is one of the world’s largest independent biotechnology companies, with global revenue of $23 billion and nearly 20,000 employees globally. For more than 35 years, Amgen has pioneered biotechnology breakthroughs, to bring state-of-the-art medicines from laboratory to the patient. Amgen has not only discovered and developed innovative human therapeutics, but has invested in cutting edge manufacturing capability and support services to deliver these exciting therapies to medical teams around the world.
The GSO DM Systems Manager will serve as the Operational Lead for the Electronic Data Acquisition (EDA) and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) operational areas. This role oversees a team that is responsible for importing data for Amgen’s clinical studies from a variety of external sources including central lab and imaging vendors. The role also oversees Amgen’s execution of database snapshots from Amgen’s Rave clinical trials database for use by Biostatistics. The successful candidate will be adept at managing a high-quality, high-availability technical service area within the clinical trial conduct space.
The primary deliverables for the EDA/EDI operational area include supporting electronic data acquisitions, database snapshots, securing potential unbinding/restricted clinical data, as well as providing datasets or listings for audit support. The operational lead will be accountable for the service delivery oversight and process compliance supported by a Functional Service Providers (FSP).
The position is expected to partner effectively with other DM Systems Leads and cross functional leads (e.g. Data Element Standards Governance, Technical Services, BSM, IS) to pursue opportunities in developing business cases, driving and realizing potential operational efficiencies and effectiveness, and improve delivery cycle time and quality. Also serve as key process expert representing EDA/EDI service remits in support of key process transformation projects, functional governance groups, and/or cross functional systems integrations.
- Serves as the Operational Lead for the EDA/EDI operational area within the Clinical Study Design & Programming group
- Accountable for quality delivery and competencies within the EDA/EDI service area
- Partner with FSP Operational Lead in maintaining consistent compliance to established Amgen processes and best practices for the FSP deliverables
- Partner with FSP Operational Lead in managing CAPA related to the EDA/EDI quality delivery or compliance issues
- Lead or contribute to key or interdepartmental initiatives / projects with particular focus in system or process improvements
- Serves as the document author for process SOP or manuals and owner for the corresponding companion guides and tools (e.g. templates, checklists etc)
- Facilitate rapid issue resolution through others (internal forces and FSP)
- Effectively partner with cross functional support groups (i.e. Amgen IS, EDC Operations, Technical Services) to address potential systematic or technical vendor quality issues
- Assist in audit preparation and responding to audit findings (internal or external)
- Act as process SME and provide support to internal staff or providers
- Authorize appropriate systems access requests for FSP EDA or EDI staff members
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in life science, computer science, business administration or related discipline
- Broad and proven experience in life sciences or a medically related field including experience in biopharmaceutical clinical research experience
Proven experience within:
- Proven experience in Base / Advance SAS programming
- Proven experience in a technical role within clinical data management, clinical development, or IS/IT
- Experience in leading and overseeing a specific operational team or external vendors (internal team, FSP, CRO, central labs, imaging vendors etc)
- Effective partnering and client management skills creating productive engagement capabilities to meet stakeholders and clinical study teams
- Experience and ability creating and effectively presenting concepts and materials to senior management levels
- Candidates will demonstrate project management and technical expertise, attention to detail, and excellent documentation and communication skills
- Has operational experience in handling potential unbinding clinical data and file transfer technologies (MOVEit, box etc)
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Will have sound problem resolution, judgment, and decision-making abilities
- Will be able to work well in a global team-based matrix environment with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of industry standards such as CDISC LAB, CDASH and other standards initiatives desirable
- Knowledgeable in Good Clinical Practices, and Global Regulatory regulations as necessary
- Proven capability of overseeing and effective partnership with external vendors or service delivery partners in delivering DM systems support or study deliverables
Cambridge or Uxbridge (UK), or South San Francisco (US)
Competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package including bonus scheme
Closing date to apply
15 June 2018
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients..
Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its biologics manufacturing expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.