Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Research Associate - Neuroscience
at BioLegend, Inc.
BioLegend develops world-class, cutting-edge antibodies and reagents for biomedical research, manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in San Diego, CA. Our mission is to accelerate research and discovery by providing the highest quality products at an outstanding value, along with superior customer service and technical support. Our product expertise covers a diverse set of research areas including Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, and Cell Biology.
The Research Associate position supports product development in Neuroscience and will entail purification and characterization of antibodies and proteins, various laboratory applications including size exclusion and affinity chromatography, ELISA, SDS-PAGE and western blot. This position will also be responsible for effectively communicating and summarizing experimental data.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Purify antibodies and proteins to enable Neuroscience product launches by performing size exclusion and affinity chromatography
- Characterize antibodies and proteins using SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, and ELISA
- Analyze and summarize data with high attention to detail in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures for GMP/ISO compliance
- Manage daily work flow independently and within the team to effectively move projects through the pipeline
- Collaborate with other Product Development Research Associates and Scientists to provide project updates, to establish project timelines, and to assist completion of Product Development documentations
- Maintain facilities, lab equipment, and supplies, as required
- Other duties as assigned
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development.
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights.
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform - Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth.
Minimum Qualifications - Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry or other related field
- 2 years of experience working in a laboratory in an industry setting is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound scientific approach to experimental design and interpretation
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Experience with Fast Protein Liquid Chromatography (FPLC), Size Exclusion, and Affinity Chromatography
- Experience with tissue staining, western blot, and ELISA
- Experience with cell culture and sterile technique
- Experience using MS Office and database applications
- Experience working in GLP or GMP environment
Work Environment & Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting. Occasional exposure to a laboratory environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.