Boston Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-time Cafeteria Attendant, 4 HOURS-Brighton High School-9:00-1:00 4HRS, FNS (SY20-21)
at Boston Public Schools
JOB TITLE: Part-time Cafeteria Attendant, Brighton, FNS
FTE: 4 hours/day
Job Code: Part-time Cafeteria Attendant
The cafeteria satellite attendant is a staff member who assumes the responsibilities and duties assigned by the director.
REPORTS TO: CAFETERIA MANAGER
DEFINITION: An attendant is a staff member with the following duties:
- Safe preparation and handling of food
- Cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and facilities
- Serving of food
- Assisting with record keeping
- Performs efficiently and to the best of his/her ability the duties assigned in relation to preparation of food, serving of food, cleaning all areas of the kitchen, or other assigned duties, which may include operation of a cash register, in the time allotted.
- Attends training meetings as required.
- Reports to work as scheduled, sign the posted time sheet, and remain on the job until dismissal by the manager.
- Notifies the manager and the main office at the earliest possible time when unable to work.
- Maintains pleasant working relations with fellow employees by showing consideration for others: patience, respect, self-control, i.e., refrain from the use of offensive language and other undesirable character traits.
- Follows all policies of the School Committee and instructions of the Cafeteria Manager relating to safety measures, sanitation practices, personnel standards, work techniques, and methods of performing duties.
- Performs duties involved in the safe preparation and handling of food, cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and facilities, and serving of food.
- Assists with food preparation.
- Portions food.
- Cleans kitchen equipment and work area including floor.
- Sets up serving counter.
- Serves food on line after receiving instructions as to portion size.
- Washes dishes, trays, flatware, pots, pans and utensils.
- Washes dining room tables.
- Unpacks supplies and assists with stocking dry storage shelves and/or refrigerator shelves.
- Operates equipment properly, maintaining safety standards at all times.
- Performs duties as assigned by Cafeteria Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS - REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED required
Current authorization to work in the United States - Candidates must have such authorization by their first day of employment
Please refer to the Salary Information section on the Career Site for more information on compensation. Salaries are listed by Union and Grade/Step. This position subject to the City of Boston residency requirement.
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals’ dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.
Job Contact Information
Friday, May 22, 2020 12:00 AM -
Monday, November 30, 2020 11:59 PM
(Eastern Standard Time)