Burncoat Family Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community RN - Emergency Services/Crisis Stabilization Unit-part time
at Burncoat Family Center
- # Positions
- Experience (Years)
Come join a friendly and diverse clinical team that provides quality care! Community Healthlink (CHL) is looking for a part time (8 hrs/wk) Community RN in Leominster, MA.
These community-based units provide short-term therapeutic psychiatric/substance abuse treatment in a structured environment with 24-hour observation and supervision and individualized treatment interventions focused on the crisis and crisis resolution. The population for the CSU program include both males and females that are at least 18 years of age.
The North County Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) serves clients who are admitted due to struggle with a mental health crisis often additionally struggling with substance abuse. Our clients enter the program with an evaluation and client history completed by a qualified clinician prior to admission. The CSU may be used as a diversion to prevent a hospitalization or as a step-down immediately following a psychiatric hospital discharge to assist the client in transitioning back into the community. The unit receives admissions 24 hours/day, 365 days/year depending on bed availability (13 beds) for clients who do not need hospital level of care and meet the unit’s admission criteria. Although a voluntary program, individuals must remain on the unit for the duration of their stay for safety and treatment purposes. Clients meet with a multi-disciplinary team to aid with following their individualized treatment plan and meet their treatment goals as well as a psychiatric workup and medication evaluation.
Community RN's provide nursing assessment, treatment, education and health care service coordination to individuals and families. Their focus is on promoting and maintaining an optimal level of health. The RN collaborates with all components of the team and other health care agencies to ensure coordinated, comprehensive services. Services will be provided at CHL and outreach locations
Compensation based on education and related work experience, licensure and other qualifications
Health and Dental insurance (available upon starting)
Generous paid sick, personal, holiday, and vacation time
Life and Disability insurance
401k with agency contribution
Wellness activity discounts
Work related travel reimbursement
- Complete medical assessments of consumers. Work with individual consumers as a smoking cessation counselor.
- Complete nursing assessments of clients screening and testing for but not limited to such diseases as Covid 19, diabetes, hypertension, , tuberculosis etc…
- May lead educational orientated groups about medications and medical needs and concerns for both consumers and staff.
- Provide educational support to increase knowledge base of consumers and staff regarding medical conditions.
- Directs activities centered around primary prevention which may include organization, engagement in and transportation to physical activities with consumers.
- Contribute to development of treatment planning process particularly as related to medical issues and self-medication skills development and medical areas.
- Ensure healthful menu planning and nutrition education for staff and consumers.
- Report to Program Coordinator any personnel action required to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Attend teams, rounds, staff meetings, Infection Control Committee, case conferences, and collaborate with other providers as needed.
- Medical assessments need to be written to meet standards and are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Reviews medical records on all Respite consumers.
- Develop and implement plans to train staff and consumers in medication, proper documentation, and other medically related matters.
- Provide ongoing risk management.
- Coordination and support to program staff and consumers.
- Assist residential counselors in advocating for the consumers medical needs.
Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Grade 9: Community RN: Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing with current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of Massachusetts
- Minimum of 1 years related experience
- Performs duties using recovery oriented principles
- Demonstrates person centered strength based communications and relationship with consumers
- Ability to maintain knowledge base in accordance with current trends in the field and in accordance with agency priorities.
- Demonstrates proficiency in standard nursing practice including assessment, intervention and evaluation.
- Must be able to pass a CORI background check
Community Healthlink is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, political affiliation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
If applicable, Community Healthlink shall also abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability. These regulations require affirmative action by Community Healthlink to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.