Burncoat Family Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Residential Counselor - Sagamore Road
at Burncoat Family Center
- # Positions
- Experience (Years)
- Residential Counselors/Rehabilitation Specialists
Come join a friendly and diverse clinical team that provides quality care! Community Healthlink (CHL) is looking for a full-time (37.5 hrs/wk) Residential Counselor at our Worcester site.
Sagamore Road Program is a six-bed residential home for clients who are dually diagnosed with a mental illness and a substance disorder and are in the “pre-motivational” stage of substance abuse recovery. At Sagamore, we provide a highly structured, highly staffed relapse-tolerant program to help clients move toward abstinence and recovery. Most clients who leave the program are stabilized in their addiction recovery and move into one of our other residences to stabilize their mental illness.
This position offers the opportunity for individuals to learn, be taught and understand substance use and how mental health symptoms affect lives differently. Compassion, tolerance and motivation are key roles in this position and it’s a wonderful place to gain experience for future life journeys.
Duties of a Residential Counselor consist of documentation, facilitating in house groups, one on one sessions with clients and assist with activities of daily living such as personal hygiene and self-care skills, money management and budgeting, symptom management, relapse prevention, use of public transportation and transporting, problem solving and conflict resolution, and other interventions as necessary. Residential Counselors will also transport clients when needed to outside AA/NA meetings or any appointments needing staff support.
Compensation based on education and related work experience, licensure and other qualifications
Health and Dental insurance (available upon starting)
Generous paid sick, personal, holiday, and vacation time
Life and Disability insurance
401k with agency contribution
Flexible Spending Accounts available
Wellness activity discounts
Work related travel reimbursement
- Complete documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Be able to become MAP certified & administer medication.
- Demonstrate an ability to develop respectful interpersonal relationships with clients while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills.
- Assist with intake processes.
- Provide safe and accurate supervision for clients while on unit.
- Transport clients to and from appointments as required.
- Assist clients with researching placement and benefit options.
- Assist clients with applying for and securing housing and benefits.
- Assist with and contribute to multi-disciplinary planning.
- Assist in the care and treatment of substance abuse disorders.
- Run daily groups that are related to substance abuse recovery and accompany clients to meetings within the community.
Working with residents to maintain the residence on a daily basis including chores, grocery shopping/carrying groceries into the kitchen, bedroom upkeep, laundry to include carrying to and from washer/dryer, yard work, and other moderate housekeeping duties.
- Must be able pass required trainings including Medication Administration Program (MAP), CPR and First Aid
- Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors
Grade 5: Residential Counselor I - Associates degree in Human Services or High School diploma, GED or HiSet
Grade 6: Residential Counselor II- Requires a Bachelor’s degree; preferably in the field of psychology or human services
Previous experience working with clients in human services, mental illness or dual diagnosis a plus
Proven ability to work within a team setting and to act as a self-starter.
Must be committed to providing quality care.
Must have a current valid US-issued driver's license and ability to provide registered, inspected and insured automobile for work related purposes, including transporting clients in your own vehicle and company van.
All bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to pass a CORI background check
Community Healthlink is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, political affiliation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
If applicable, Community Healthlink shall also abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability. These regulations require affirmative action by Community Healthlink to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.