Burncoat Family Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Residential Counselor-High Intensity Supported Living Environment
at Burncoat Family Center
- # Positions
- Experience (Years)
- Residential Counselors/Rehabilitation Specialists
Come join a friendly and diverse clinical team that provides quality care! Community Healthlink (CHL) is looking for a full-time (37.5 hrs/wk) Residential Counselor in Worcester.
The High Intensive Structured Living Environment (HISLE) program is an intensive level of care for persons with mental health and substance use issues. This comprehensive program will provide rehabilitative interventions and supports as well as clinical oversight to 8 residents who will live in their own apartments within the same building.
The HISLE team believes in providing the best possible care and services in a manner that places the individual at the center, while addressing complex needs, and providing skills, treatment and tools to help individuals achieve their goals.
The HISLE program welcomes applications from qualified and talented people who are interested in making a difference in the lives of others, and in their communities. Our staff members are united in a commitment to provide evidence-based and best practices to the clients we serve. This isn’t just a job – it’s a way of life that our staff finds rewarding and meaningful. If you are seeking a rewarding career and are ready to learn, grow and serve, we invite you to submit an application for employment.
Compensation based on education and related work experience, licensure and other qualifications
Health and Dental insurance (available upon starting)
Generous paid sick, personal, holiday, and vacation time
Life and Disability insurance
401k with agency contribution
Wellness activity discounts
Work related travel reimbursement
Weekly clinical supervision to meet clinical licensing requirements
- Performs duties using recovery orientated principles.
- Maintain and comply with regulations for DMH, HUD, BSAS and DPH MAP Certification.
- Effective communication with consumers, peers, other professionals.
- Ability to write behaviorally stated treatment plans.
- Ability to observe, document, teach and respond to mental and physical health as well as other needs of consumers such as community living skills.
- Demonstrates person centered strength based communication and relationship with consumers.
- Demonstrate effective communication with staff, peers and other professionals.
- Must be able pass required trainings including Medication Administration Program (MAP), CPR and First Aid
- Primary Counselor: Serve as residential counselor for specified number of residents as requested by supervisor.
- Treatment Planning: Develop, implement and document treatment needs assessments, treatment plan, and progress reviews as part of continuous quality improvement activities.
- Community Living: Work with residents to assist with activities of daily living and foster a sense of safety in the community which includes personal hygiene and self-care skills, money management and budgeting, symptom management, relapse prevention, use of public transportation and transporting, problem solving and conflict resolution, and other interventions as necessary.
- Nutrition: Ensure healthful menu planning, food shopping, and meal preparation through coordination and assistance.
- Medications: Monitor residents’ medication, refills, documentation of medications and changes, assist with attending appointments, and safe storage.
- Groups: Lead two or more skill development or recreational group (s) per week as assigned.
- Continuity of Care: Attend teams and case conferences, and collaborate with other providers for designated residents. Provide outreach as designated to community-based residents.
- Routine Paperwork: Prepare daily log entries, incident reports and other required paperwork to ensure the program meets the standards.
- Facility Upkeep: Work with residents to maintain the residence on a daily basis including chores, bedroom upkeep, yard and other light housekeeping duties.
- Other Duties: Other related job duties as assigned in order to provide quality rehabilitation services. May include transporting residents in personal car or program vehicle, physical assistance, close supervision, and other such duties.
- Maintain Competencies: Human Rights, dual diagnosis, infection control, CPR, First Aid, MAP, agency and divisional policy and procedures as well as other required competencies.
- Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Grade 5: Residenital Counselor I: Associates degree in Human Services or HSD plus 2 years experience or
- Grade 6: Residential Counselor II: Bachelor's degree in social work or related mental health field or occupational therapist with Associates degree.
- Will consider Bachelor's degree in non-related field with human services experience.
- Current valid US-issued driver's license and ability to provide registered, inspected and insured automobile for work related purposes including transporting clients in your own vehicle
- All Bilingual applicants are strongly urged to apply.
- Must be able to pass a CORI background check
Community Healthlink is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, political affiliation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
If applicable, Community Healthlink shall also abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability. These regulations require affirmative action by Community Healthlink to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.