Correct Care Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mental Health Professional, MADOC
at Correct Care Solutions
Our Mental Health Professional provides mental health services, consultation, and training to inmates and staff.
Education for Mental Health Professional:
- Master's degree in a behavioral/social science field from an accredited college or university.
Experience for Mental Health Professional:
- Coursework and professional experience that indicates knowledge of mental health counseling, group and individual psychotherapy, diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, psychological assessment techniques, crisis intervention, and mental health consultation.
Licenses/Certifications for Mental Health Professional:
- LMSW, LPC, or similar licensure as required by Massachusetts.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Provides direct clinical and consultation services in accordance with CCS Policies and procedures, policies and procedures of the institution, and in accordance with the ethics and standards of relevant professional organizations.
- Provides individual and group psychotherapy/counseling to inmates with the goals of reducing maladaptive behavior and fostering effective psychological functioning.
- Provides crisis intervention services to inmates as referred by institutional and medical staff or to self-referred inmates. Crisis intervention may require consultation with institutional staff regarding management/treatment concerns, referral, and/or mental health follow-up.
- Completes diagnostic evaluations, to include clinical interview, interpretation of psychological testing, and development of a written report to include findings and recommendations.
- Provides consultation services for institutional committees.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.