Correct Care Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pharmacy Tech - Monday through Thursday 5pm to 10pm
at Correct Care Solutions
Correct Care Recovery Solutions (CCRS) has partnered with the Massachusetts Department of Corrections to comprehensively manage and provide medical and mental health care, forensic mental health evaluation and treatment, substance abuse treatment and dental services to patients at Bridgewater State Hospital. CCRS is seeking qualified professionals to be part of this innovative program that will deliver care in accordance with a person-centered, trauma-informed recovery/resiliency philosophy. CCRS’ overall goal is to improve patients’ levels of functioning and wellness for a successful recovery and discharge from the hospital. CCRS has several exciting employment opportunities based at Bridgewater State Hospital for individuals to work alongside visionary leaders committed to improving public health. When you work at a CCRS facility, you have an opportunity to make a difference every single day.
Our Medication Assistant, under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, performs moderately complex pharmaceutical assistance and other clerical support work. Works under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a pharmacy technician.
- Knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terms and of the laws and regulations related to pharmaceutical operations.
- Skill in the operation of pharmaceutical equipment.
- Ability to prepare prescriptions, inventory supplies and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Must hold and maintain a current license as a Registered Pharmacy Technician) in the state of practice and must be registered with the board of pharmacy.
- Certification with Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or similar program required.
- Answers telephone inquiries in a professional manner, stating who is speaking, and respond to problems within the scope of the position but may not take a physician’s verbal order.
- Enters patient demographic data and medication orders into the pharmacy computer system. May not override drug utilization review or drug interaction alerts.
- Checks in and verifies correctness of medications sent from pharmacy. Places medication into a cart(s) for delivery to the units. Performs all other pharmacy related clerical duties as assigned.
- Gathers medication to replenish floor stock, prepares patient specific orders for delivery to each unit after the work is checked by a Pharmacist.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of the automated medication dispensing system if used.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.