Correct Care Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substance Use Disorder Counselor
at Correct Care Solutions
Our Substance Use Disorder Counselor provides treatment to inmates with substance use disorders using empirically supported approaches (i.e., based on social learning, cognitive behavioral models, etc.) and employing methodologies that have been proven effective on the basis of random controlled trials and/or meta-analysis.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in a human services related field
- Experience in a correctional environment desired.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Licensed and/or certified in chemical dependency, substance abuse, etc., as required in Massachusetts. Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC), Counselor Intern (CI), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), and/or Chemical Dependency Professional (CDP) in the Massachusetts required.
- Related certification may be applicable based on specific state requirements.
- Develops and conducts integrated substance use disorder and mental illness group and individual counseling services for identified inmates to include assiatnce and education on relapse prevention; general substance use disorder education; aftercare and discharge planning; family reunification; interpersonal skills training; health and wellness; recovery planning; and 12-step programming.
- Assesses and evaluates inmates to determine immediate needs and services, along with the level of care needed.
- Completes and maintains necessary documentation in a thorough, accurate, and timely manner.
- Evaluates substance use disorder counseling and education classes.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.