City of Springfield, Massachusetts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Facilities Maintenance Man
at City of Springfield, Massachusetts
- Position Purpose/Summary
*Please note that this is a Civil Service position. This position is not currently open, should there become an opening we will hire off of the list of applicants starting with the oldest application date.*
APPLICATION FOR CITY OF SPRINGFIELD LABOR SERVICE
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age at the time of filing application. Incomplete applications will not be processed. The name of an applicant will remain on the Labor Service register for the job title which he or she is registered for a period of not more than 5 years from the date of registration, subject to a renewal of registration as provided in Section 28, Chapter 31 of the General Laws, and subject to compliance with other applicable provisions of the Civil Service law and rules.
Responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of the police building. Work is performed under the supervision of the Assistant Municipal Group Maintenance Coordinator. No supervision is exercised over other employees.
- Essential Functions
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs and polishes floors.
- Vacuums all carpeted areas.
- Cleans all bathrooms and cell-blocks.
- Disposes of garbage.
- Provides supplies for restrooms and other facilities, as necessary.
- Performs minor maintenance work such as replacing light bulbs and changing air filters.
- Dusts equipment, furniture or fixtures.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Ability to clean building spaces.
- Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.