Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Howard Hughes Medical Institute
At the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI), creativity and excellence are fundamental to our success. As one of the world’s largest philanthropies, HHMI is a major force in advancing biomedical research and science education in the U.S. and abroad. We have an opportunity for an Administrative Coordinator to join the Perrimon laboratory at Harvard Medical School.
This position will support the Investigator and research staff in a wide range of administrative duties. This position requires critical, proactive thinking and the ability to work effectively with a high degree of independence.
- Provide administrative support to the Investigator and ~40 lab members
- Serve as a liaison between Investigator and various administrative offices
- Assist with preparation and submission of grant applications and manuscripts
- Oversee budgets from multiple funding sources and participate in ordering of supplies, services and equipment
- Process and track reimbursements for laboratory members and visiting scientists
- Work with researchers on visa and academic appointment issues
- Prepare and monitor material transfer agreements and scientific protocols
- Prepare slides and presentations for meetings and publications
- Draft letters and correspondence
- Keep laboratory website up to date
- B.A./B.S. or A.S. Previous experience in the research and/or academic environment.
- Strong computer skills, preferably on the Mac platform, including demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and graphics programs such as PowerPoint and Photoshop.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to independently manage complex responsibilities.
- Familiarity with grants management and scientific terminology.