Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Howard Hughes Medical Institute
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute is seeking a highly motivated Research Technician to join Dr. Norbert Perrimon’s group at Harvard Medical School. The primary focus of this position will be to carry out genetic experiments investigating the role of signal transduction pathways in cell growth and development.
For more information about the work in Dr. Perrimon's laboratory, please visit us at: http://perrimon.med.harvard.edu/
Click on the link below to apply for this position. Please submit a cover letter and three letters of reference along with your resume/CV. No phone calls please.
Maintain tissue culture cell lines
Perform basic Drosophila genetic manipulations, including stock maintenance, expansion and transfer, embryo and adult-timed collections, phenotypic analysis, antibody staining
- Routinely conduct RNA isolation and qPCR
- Make sterile solutions
- Maintain precise records of work
- Work efficiently and cooperatively with a team of researchers in support of project
- Bachelor of Science degree in related field
- Prior practical experience with techniques described above and familiarity with underlying scientific principles
- Proven ability to draft accurate scientific reports
- Able to apply experience to new techniques and protocols and learn complex tasks with general instruction
- Strong enthusiasm for developing new skills and expertise
HHMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer