JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Marina Dockhand in Boston, MA at JLL
at JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Dockhand Job Description
The dockhand at The Marina at Rowes Wharf has responsibilities in two primary areas: The operations of the Marina and the operations pertaining to the Summer Series Events that occur in the basin area of the Rowes Wharf property.
On the Marina side, duties include maintenance of the docks, gangways, power pedestals and the supporting structures thereof. These duties include
- Cleaning docks, gangways and power pedestals.
- Preserving the docks through weather-proofing applications.
- Maintaining the docks by securing or replacing loose or worn boards
- Replacing worn pile guide rollers
- Replacing worn soft joints that help hold the dock sections together
- Cleaning all in-water structures of excessive growth of sea life
- Emptying trash-totes
Maintenance of the gangways includes:
- Polishing the rails
- Replacing non-skid strips
- Replacing runners
- Replacing transition plates
- Replacing end rollers on gang ways
Maintaining power pedestals include:
- Keeping power pedestals in physical functioning order
- Coiling electrical cords and hoses to remove trip hazards
- Replacing light bulbs
- Reporting any internal structure problems with pedestals to management
- Assist boaters in docking their boats
- Line tending
- Slip assignment and locations
- Communicating with boaters using hand-held VHF radios
- Assisting boater in locating land based necessities, amusements, and amenities
- Hooking boaters up to pedestal services
- Collecting fees
- Selling Ice
- Delivering mail and packages
- Issuing Dock Carts
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.