Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Support Specialist / Driver
at Northeast Arc
Job Reference #: 1285
|Title:||Community Support Specialist / Driver|
The Northeast Arc is a premier provider of services that help people with disabilities become full participants in the community; choosing for themselves how to live, learn, work, socialize and play. We were founded in 1954 by courageous and determined parents who wanted to ensure that their children and others with disabilities will always have every opportunity to thrive in the community. Come join one of Massachusetts' most established, innovative, and passionate organizations.
- Provide employment, vocational support and skill training to individuals.
- Transporting adults with developmental disabilities to and from various North Shore work sites
- Develop adaptive strategies as needed to ensure optimal independence and success at Heritage Industries or at job sites in the community.
- Transport individuals in your own vehicle and/or in an agency vehicle (all sizes including a wheel chair van)
- Present information regarding any individual in a professional manner in all settings including; meetings, phone contact, daily written documentation and emails.
- Must follow and implement Northeast Arc Policies, including Code of Conduct and Day Service Division standards as well as funding source regulations.
- Serve as a role model for individuals in developing expected behaviors and assist in developing interactive skills. Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Experience with individuals with developmental disabilities and in some cases physical disabilities preferred.
- Case management responsibilities/daily documentation required.
- Dedicated and team approach appreciated with attention to established protocol.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, stand for 1 hour uninterrupted, bend and push wheelchairs.
- Valid MA drivers license with a minimum of 3-year good driving record. (Copy of RMV driving record required at interview- MART)
- Employment is pending a criminal record check and a drug test.
- Customer service skills a plus.
- High School diploma or GED requiredâ€‹
- Knowledge of American Sign Language a plus!
Northeast Arc is one of the largest employers on the North Shore, and we pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive and excellent benefits package. Please visit us at: http://www.ne-arc.org/about-us/careers/benefits/ for a more detailed explanation of benefits.