Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Office Front Desk Administrative Assistant
Urology Practice Associates is located in Needham, MA
Under general supervision, this position provides administrative support to physicians, a nurse practitioner and medical assistant in their clinical practice, which includes two office locations. Supports a variety of office preparation efforts including, but not limited to, patient scheduling, referral management, telephone triage, faxing, photocopying, maintaining office appointment schedules and copay collection. Position requires broad judgment, independent thinking and problem solving in a team-oriented environment. Position involves extensive interaction with the patients. Previous experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
This administrative position involves extensive interaction with diverse populations including, patients, visitors, medical staff and medical center personnel as well as various vendors. This position contributes to the smooth day to day operation of the office through teamwork and preparation. The incumbent must have outstanding customer service skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and communicate sensitive patient information, all the while providing a nurturing environment to do so. This person must demonstrate respect for patient confidentiality and be mature enough to handle difficult patient situations. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands, and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Must be proactive in problem solving; demonstrate a positive approach to teamwork and have a strong skill set to handle multiple priorities with attention to detail.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers all calls
- Screens and routes telephone calls in accordance with established office policy.
- Schedules, reschedules and cancels all appointments, while making every reasonable effort to accommodate patients and provider needs.
- Referral management~ Applies knowledge of patient insurance and managed care plans to obtain referrals to specialists. Explains processes as needed to patients to help them understand efforts to meet their needs.
- Experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and similar appointment scheduling application.
- Responds to patients and others requests in a timely manner.
- Obtains accurate registration, demographic and insurance information.
- Collect co-payments from patients at point of service. Responsible for accurately documenting and reconciling monies at the end of each business day per established protocol.
- Obtains referrals in accordance with established office policy.
- Provides appropriate documentation for fiscal & referral compliance.
- Interacts with other departments and outside agencies maintaining a calm and supportive atmosphere. Handles confidential and non-routine information as needed.
- Prepares medical records for clinical sessions. Provides complete information, often obtained from PCP as required, prior to the visit.
- Files paperwork into patient charts in an efficient, organized manner.
- Follows through on a wide variety of information requests, paying close attention to detail.
- Uses standard office equipment and maintains supply inventory.
Plexus Management Group is Urology Practice Associates management copy, we employ PMG to conduct our hiring, employee benefits, and reimbursement. PMG is not a search firm or head hunter.
- Associates Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 4 years experience as Administrative Assistant in a healthcare setting
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with all levels of personnel including management, physicians, staff and patients.