Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Merchandising Planning and Category Management
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1051925
High profile role in Merchandising organization leading strategic planning, performance management and category strategies. Leading quarterly strategic planning process across all channels and prioritization of go-to-market initiatives with other internal functions (marketing, pricing, ops, merchandising, finance). Act as main point of contact for sales and margin short term performance management, aligning executive leadership team to short term drivers of channel performance and making recommendation to adjust plans min-stream to deliver on committed financial results. Finally, lead our category strategy and line review process.
Quarterly / Seasonal Strategic Planning:
- Set the overall strategy / go-to-market plan for given time period, laddering to financial expectations
- Working with cross-functional executives, (marketing, merchandising, pricing, operations, sales) to develop plan, focus resources and manage execution of the plan.
- Deep dive prior period performance through analytical post mortem process, simplifying main contributors to achieving or missing plan and ensuring leadership is well versed in most important factors influencing performance
- Project manage execution of quarterly / seasonal plans, developing milestones, tracking progress and measuring impact of key initiatives
Short Term Sales and Margin Performance Management:
- Lead cross-functional team consisting of merchandising, marketing, finance, sales, ops (by channel) to diagnose short term sales and margin performance drivers - holding individuals and organizations accountable to the original plan
- Make mid-stream adjustments to the plan and re-prioritize resource allocation on biggest levers given performance drivers
- Lead weekly executive leadership meeting, to get alignment on performance drivers, adjustments to the plan and maintain accountability across the organization
Lead Category Strategy / Line Review Process:
- Develop and lead our Category Strategy and Line Review process, resulting in a strategic selling plan, new product design opportunities and assortment transformation consistent with overall merchandising objectives
- Project manage the calendar of activities from kick-off through follow-ups of each strategy, provide key analytical input, influence strategies to ensure consistency of output and potential impact
Manage Team of Senior Managers:
- 4 Direct Reports
- 10 Total Team Members
- 8-10 Years Merchandising Experience
- MBA required
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!