Steward Health - Corporate
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Per Diem Pharmacist
at Steward Health - Corporate
Under the general supervision of the Director of Pharmacy participates with patients, medical staff, health care practitioners in the provision of effective, safe and appropriate drug therapy. Per diem position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews, processes and monitors patient medication orders to evaluate the appropriateness of use, dosage form, route of administration, regiment compliance, therapeutic duplication, drug interactions, adverse reactions and age appropriateness.
- Checks technician prepared or prepares for dispensing all medications for patient specific use.
- Coordinates delivery of controlled substances to patient care units.
- Maintains records required by hospital and department policies, federal, state, and local regulations.
- Completes monthly unit inspections of patient care areas, code carts and all other areas where medications are stored.
- Assists with drug procurement and inventory maintenance.
- Provide pharmacy consultation as requested.
- Assists with precepting experiential education students from Schools of Pharmacy.
- Reviews non-formulary requests and prepares formulary reviews as needed for Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Participates in performance improvement activities using evidence-based practice. Implements Steward initiatives (therapeutic interchange, renal dosing, ADR reporting) with regard to efficacy, safety, and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in Drug Utilization Evaluation program, Quality Improvement projects and prepares summary reports.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of patient right to confidentiality.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, in-service meetings, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends and laws.
- Adjusts schedule as necessary in view of fluctuations in workload.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Licensed pharmacist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Bachelor of Science or Doctor of Pharmacy degree required.
- Advanced degree and/or residency preferred (MS, MBA)
- Hospital experience preferred.
- Good organizational and communication skills required.
- Proven ability to work effectively with others as a team.
- Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.