University of Massachusetts Medical School
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Requisition Number
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- Non Exempt
- Exempt/Non-Exempt Status
- Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of the Lead Dispatcher/Communications Specialist or designee, the Dispatch Operator is responsible for monitoring and controlling security systems, including equipment, processing and dispatch of requests for any time of service, as well as associated reports and paperwork and all operational procedures. Respond according to established procedures to emergency conditions and situations.
- Control and traffic for the Public Safety response system. Consists of approximately 15 mobile personnel.
- Function as the recipient of first responder/emergency situation. Triage emergency situations.
- Operate the Public Safety paging and radio communication systems consisting of twenty units, coordinate information during routine and emergency situations.
- Receive deliveries, such as radioactive or urgent goods and ensure their security to proper destination.
- Ensure all data collected during shift is accurate and entered into computerized database.
- Liaison with University Police, as well as outside police agencies. Familiar with general police procedures.
- Ability to remain calm and collected under stressful situations.
- Monitor surveillance equipment, alarms, etc.
- Familiarity with LEAPS/CJIS, NLETS, NCIC.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Associates’ degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2 years computer system operation and clerical related experience, including ability to maintain records, input data.
- Must be able to be certified in CPR/First Responder.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to make spontaneous decisions for triaging route, as well as emergency situations.
- Normal visual and manual dexterity.
Under the direct supervision of the Lead Dispatcher/Communications Specialist or designee
May exercise working supervision over an employee of a lesser grade for an assigned task
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Usual office environment.