Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SOLAR SERVICE TECHNICIAN
at Vivant Solar
- Job ID
- Office Name
- MA-04 Pioneer Valley Solar
- Fleet Performance
Join Vivint Solar: It’s Sunnier Here!
Vivint Solar is the brighter and more affordable way to power your home. We believe people should have a choice in how to produce the energy they use to live every day. This is why we’re making it easy for people nationwide to choose to go solar. We’re proud to be a leader in the renewable energy industry.
To help this happen, we need a Solar Service Technician that will be a solid contributor within Vivint Solar. As a Solar Service Technician, you will be responsible for restoring communication to all non- communicating systems. In this role, you will report directly to a Regional Manager within the Field Services group.
Key Job Duties:
- Diagnose network functions, IP address knowledge, internet connection and troubleshooting of low voltage circuits
- Record and submit service activity on mobile software platforms utilizing company phone, associated with serviced systems
- Diagnose PV system communication issues, and administer corrective action
- Maintain all issued tools assigned to you by Vivint Solar
- Comply with key performance indicators (KPI) set by Regional Field Service Manager
- Attend webinars/calls correlation meeting(s) as set by Regional Field Service Manager
- Maintain and communicate supply & equipment issues to properly address all solar communication call needs
- Maintain regular communication with Field Service Techs and Fleet Performance Call Center
- Ensure a high level of workmanship is adhered to as service work is performed
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of solar installation, and monitoring platforms
- Ability to work well with others that are on your team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to keep a positive attitude
- Competent with hand tools and digital volt meters
- Capable of managing multiple tasks & to adapt to change easily
- Proficient analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Must be able to advance knowledge base through understanding of product and process documentation
- Must have clean driving record and pass a background check
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of solar installation and solar communications issues.
- 1+ years network system experience1+ years of solar service experience preferred
- Basic understanding of how electrical components can be repaired in the most cost-effective manner
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring—under federal, state and local laws.